Chief Nutrition, an Australian power nutrition brand switched from Bold to Loop due to limited functionality. Learn how Loop helped them overcome all subscription limitations and made them the Chief of Subscriptions.
Chief Nutrition is an Australian brand which was built out of the necessity to create an alternative to the ultra-processed food that lines the shelves. Founder Justin Babet loves clean snacks that cut the crap, and are better for you and the planet.
As a brand, Chief is totally uncompromising on health, sustainability and keeping the crap out. Their bars are sold in hundreds of stores around Australia!
To run subscriptions on their bars, Chief up till now was using Bold subscriptions on Shopify. But they were not satisfied with the app because of certain reasons.
Bold subscriptions was not the preferred choice for Chief as they were facing some issues with it, namely:
All of the above reasons pushed Chief to migrate from Bold to Loop.
Here’s how Loop made Chief the chief of subscriptions by giving a solution to each and every one of their above stated problems:
1. Native Shopify Checkout: A native Shopify checkout in Loop would eliminate two separate checkouts for subscriptions and one-time products. A common checkout could prevail with subscribers not getting redirected to an external Bold checkout page.
2. Best Customer Portal: Loop’s customer portal is OTPless and Passwordless which results in reduced customer tickets. Moreover it was completely customisable both in terms of features and designs. Subscribers could manage all of their subscriptions with great ease.
3. Preventing Subscriber Cancellations: Loop’s cancellation flows were the ultimate way to reduce cancellations for Chief. They could easily list down the cancellation reasons that would be put up for those subscribers who wished to cancel, and against each reason there would be alternate recommendations like skip, swap and pause to prevent cancellation.
4. Powerful Cancellation Analytics: Powerful cancellation analytics showed Chief the percentage of subscriptions getting cancelled because of failed payments. The cancellation trends could also be very easily viewed by Chief to see the top cancellation reasons and the top customers who cancelled.
5. Great Dunning Management: A great dunning management system automated sending alerts to customers for updating their card details. Dynamic payment retries also could be set up against failed payments to reduce subscription cancellations and improve realized revenue.
5. Upselling one time products/subscriptions: Upselling one time products to subscribers in payment reminder emails could be configured very easily in Loop alongside subscription upselling which could take place in Chief’s customer cart and in its Native Shopify checkout.
With a base of more than 500 subscribers, Chief’s migration took less than a week. Our support team thoroughly helped Chief in setting up their subscriptions and migrating them from Bold so that they had to involve themselves minimally in the entire process.
Chief is now powering its bar subscriptions proactively on their website and their subscribers are able to build their own bundles alongside enjoying a great subscriber experience.
Run your subscriptions on Bold but wish to migrate to a better app that solves for your subscription ecommerce needs?
Why not try Loop?